Vol 10-18 of Maid-sama! (end of the series)
Asher and Ashley are back to discuss the second half of Hiro Fujiwara’s modern masterpiece about Maid Latte. As promised, the Ashes discuss Maid-sama!’s portrayal of social class and the tension between the aristocracy and the meritocracy, lament that some characters end up in problematic pairings, and gush about how cute Misaki and Usui were during the hot springs trip (and later, when they exchange scarves — too freakin’ cute!).
- Get Maid-sama! from Viz Media (Shojo Beat line)
- “Lost in the Meritocracy” by Walter Kirn (Article in The Atlantic)
- Google Manifesto controversy
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Outro song: “My Secret” by Saaya Mizuno, from the Maid-sama! anime, available to watch on Hulu