Discusses the first volume of Shortcake Cake by Suu Morishita
We’re back for our second preview guide, covering this month’s new shojo manga series debut of SHORTCAKE CAKE. Viz Media’s mobile app developer Jeff Ruberg and host Ashley review and react to this first volume, digging into its fresh pop aesthetic, which boy is the cutest, Ten’s really long hair, and more. Should you pick up this volume, or should you just go pick up a piece of shortcake instead? Find out here.
- Shortcake Cake is available from Viz Media’s Shojo Beat line
- We Never Learn is definitely not a shojo manga
- We Were There definitely is a shojo manga. We did multiple podcast episodes about it.
- Dale Carnegie is not related to Andrew Carnegie
- Learn How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The Ghibli film Ashley and Jeff can never remember the name of (Only Yesterday)
- Kimi ni Todoke is available from Viz Media’s Shojo Beat line and we will be doing podcasts on it fairly soon
- Assassination Classroom is available from Viz Media and is definitely not a shojo manga
- Urban Dictionary definition of ahegao
- Outro Song: “Like Swimming” by Broke For Free, a really awesome electronic music producer your should support!
We’re doing a giveaway along with this episode! It's open until 8pm Tuesday, September 4th! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for entry details.