Covers all 9 volumes of TOKYO TARAREBA GIRLS by Akiko Higashimura
This episode, Ashley and Amelia discuss a josei series for the first time on the podcast. What if, what if, we told you “Tokyo Tarareba Girls” is one of the best manga of the decade? What if, what if, you’ve never read a more relatable manga than this in your life? What if, what if, we told you to stop lollygagging around and read this manga right now? As you’ll find out from our heartfelt and earnest discussion, this story about women looking to settle down before they reach 40 will hit you hard in the feels. Also KEY SUCKS, Team Hayasaka forever!
- Get Tokyo Tarareba Girls from Kodansha Comics
- XOXO, Gossip Girl
- Amelia's Review of Tokyo Tarareba Girls in Otaku USA
- Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight director) on the gendered double-standard in Hollywood
- Green Card (movie)
- Love Quiz: What % Marriage Material Are You? [Buzzfeed]
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Outro Song: “Like Swimming” by Broke For Free, a really awesome electronic music producer your should support!
- Follow Amelia’s work on Anime Feminist
- Follow Amelia on Twitter @ActuallyAmelia
- Follow Shojo & Tell on Twitter @shojoandtell
- How about Instagram?
- Follow Ashley on Twitter @AshMcD00
Comments, questions, concerns? Want to gush about your OTP and favorite series? Have suggestions for the show? Email shojoandtell [at] gmail.com or simply leave a comment on the episode page.