Covers volumes 9-16 of We Were There by Yuki Obata
Ultra super special guest Nancy Thistlethwaite, a senior editor for Viz Media’s Shojo Beat line, returns to do an in-depth character analysis of Nanami, Yano, Takeuchi, Yuri, and the rest of the crew in We Were There (Bokura ga Ita). (Host Ashley and Nancy may talk a little too much about Take, against their better judgment. Stop it, Take! Get out of here! Team Yano forever!) Memories, dreams, and metaphors like the internal compass are analyzed, Yano's t-shirts are harshly judged (Yano! You have better shirts than that!), and Ashley definitely overuses the word “poignant.” But seriously, this manga is really really poignant!
- We Were There is available from Viz Media’s Shojo Beat line (obviously!)
- Other series Nancy has worked on: Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club
- Outro song: “Kimidakewo” by Mi (opening to the We Were There anime)
- Follow Nancy on Twitter @nthistlethwaite
- Follow Shojo Beat on Twitter @shojobeat
- Follow Shojo Beat on Tumblr
- Follow the podcast on Twitter @shojoandtell
- Follow the podcast on Instagram @shojoandtell
- Follow Ashley on Twitter @AshMcD00
Comments, questions, concerns? Want to tell us how unfair we’ve been to Takeuchi? Have suggestions for the show? Email shojoandtell [at] gmail.com or simply leave a comment on the episode page.